How to ensure you don’t miss acquisition opportunities.
Firstly you enjoy unlimited access our UK company data application www.uspdata.co.uk which will have multiple benefits to your business but more importantly drive the process.
Our usual strategy is as follows, however all aspects can be tailored to whatever approach. The following is based on ‘off market’ opportunities, however we can monitor and introduce on market opportunities.
- Agree brief – This ensures that we fully understand the scope of your acquisition criteria and what you are prepared to seriously consider.
- Fact find – Prepare this based on the brief to ensure the correct information is gathered.
- Search – Using the USP data application and 30 years of professional contacts in corporate finance, private equity, legal, dealmakers and more we will prepare an initial list.
- Analyse – Match the initial list to the financials available and with operation information to ensure they match the brief.
- Discuss – It is vital to have your feedback every step of the way to ensure resources are deployed effectively.
- Contact – Personal contact to director / shareholders to discuss the potential of acquisition, merger, joint venture as the case may be.
- *Meet – In some cases this required to gain the trust and confidence of the prospects.
- Confidentiality – Place the necessary confidentiality arrangements in place.
- Valuation – Ensure the your valuation parameters are overlayed with those of the prospect
- Prepare Pack – Complete agreed fact find along with detailed accounts, management accounts and any other relevant information.
- Agree deal in principle – Bring both sides together and agree headline non binding terms.
- Project Management – Keep all parties informed at all times up to and beyond the point you may wish to introduce your professional advisors.
*Can be included on preferential half day / day rate.